x

new order email notifications have stopped

I usually receive an email notification every time an online order is made. But starting today, they have not been coming in, even though I haven't changed any settings (and there have been many orders).

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

I'm curious to know about this from the opposite perspective also.  I had to set up a junk email just for online order emails because I couldn't turn them off and it was absurd to receive hundreds of individual order emails that I didn't want.  For me, there was no point in being notified if I could just go look up any order in Square.

If there's an ability to turn them off now, I could get rid of the junk email which always is confusing when I call in for help.  What's the scoop, Square?

Message 2 of 11
Square Community Moderator

@RoasterChica great question! Right now, what you're doing is the best thing you can do. We don't have a way to turn off the order notifications, unfortunately, though I have passed your feedback onto our team because I can see how it would be a useful tool. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 11

Well, they're back on now. Must have been a temporary glitch. 

Message 4 of 11

@addys I'm glad it resolved itself for you!

Message 5 of 11
Beta Member

I have stopped receiving order emails but have not seen this resolved. Is this still a large issue?

Message 6 of 11

Heya @corkrind,

This shouldn't be an issue anymore so I'd recommend reaching out to our direct E-Comm CS team who can take a closer look with you and file a ticket for your account if need be.

Ashley C
Message 7 of 11

@ashc Hello, I'm still getting the emails but I don't want them.  Thousands of emails clogging up an inbox and you can't disable it!  What about those of us in that situation??

Message 8 of 11

I'm not receiving the order notifications either. And, my customers aren't getting receipts either. This started about 4 weeks ago and I didn't change anything on my Square account.

Message 9 of 11

Hey @RoasterChica,

It looks like @AshleyK had already answered this for you above. Please reference her answer there to you.

Ashley C
Message 10 of 11

Got it... watch and wait.  And wait.  And wait.  Thanks. 

Message 11 of 11