x
Beta Member

what do you think about idea

I have been interested in fashion my entire life. Ever since my grandmother has passed on her skill of sewing and designing onto me, I've decided to continue her legacy by creating my own store like she's always dreamed about.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @philpephilpe thanks for your post. It a great thing to be able to have a business centered around something you love or love to do. If you're interested in sewing, fashion, and it brings you joy and makes you feel connected to your grandmother...by all means I think it is a great idea! But keep in mind that starting a business from scratch can be a lot of work and there are many parts involved (making, selling, marketing, accounting...just to name a few LOL).  Have you started a business before? There could be some local organizations like business incubators or new business helpers often related with colleges or small business councils. Take a look in your area where you live and see if something is available.

Do your research and figure out how you can start small. Can you make some particular items and sell at local craft shows, exhibits, independent local retail stores? Just keep at it and making a plan...and working a plan. Day by day is how a business is built. Good luck to you!! And keep checking out and posting in the Square Seller Forums. We love to chat here about Square and business in general.

Message 2 of 2