x
Beta Member

The "Custom Arrange" items in a Category doesn't work

Ever since the June migration I am unable to "Custom Arrange" items.  I use the drag-and-drop feature and I see the item move but when I let go it goes back to it's original location unsorted.  All my items need to be custom arranged.  There was a time when it worked but it no longer does.  All my new items now end up at the end of a category which confuses customers as they browse.  None of the automatic sort options work for my products.  Anyone else have this issue?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Thanks for your question, @WhitneyMaille.

On your individual category pages you can change the order by editing the category itself in Items > Categories. This should work for the items on your Shop page as well if you edit the respective categories themselves. I checked and compared both and it looks like the items at the top are inn your Supplies category, so if you go to Items > Categories and click on it to edit it, you can then click and drag the items around there to update the order.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

As I indicated in my original post I used to be able to do this and did it regularly and now it doesn't work.  Yes, it "should work", however it does not.  I have submitted a trouble ticket but thought I would discuss it in the community as well.  It is broken across all categories and item lists.  All of my item lists were manually arranged for proper browsing on my store.  At some point it broke.  Now when I add an item it ends up at the bottom of the item list and the functionality to manually arrange as needed does not work.

Message 3 of 7
Admin

You're totally correct, @WhitneyMaille - that should be working and when I tested I saw the same as you. It's good that you already submitted a case to our support teams so they can get the issue escalated to our engineers. I mentioned editing the category itself as a workaround so you can get what you need while they fix the issue. If that doesn't work let me know, though!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 4 of 7

Did you ever get an answer on this or get the problem fixed? It has been going on for weeks for us, but no one at Square has helped or even answered our *escalated service ticket." They send the same ridiculously condescending set of instructions of how it "should work," which is how it HAS worked in the past, but doesn't now. They ask for screenshots and ask questions like "have you added any new items lately? Maybe that's the problem." They clearly don't understand that a retailer adds new items every day, and that the arrangement of items is critical. The developers don't seem to have a clue as to why we could possibly care that the ability to arrange the items we sell is no longer possible. 

Message 5 of 7

Was this ever resolved? I can't get my "Browse by Category" list arranged on any page of my website. It was working (but still took some effort) in mid February this year. I just went in today and when I drag and drop a category to a new location it acts like it's going to work but then just refreshes to the same place. I'm just frustrated and it's all messed up at this point. Is there an easier was to get this re-arranged? Or someone else on the website it now pulls from?

Message 6 of 7

Did you ever get an answer on this or get the problem fixed? It has been going on for weeks for us, but no one at Square has helped or even answered our *escalated service ticket."

Message 7 of 7