x

Annoyed by recent change by Square. Items not showing "out of stock" when marked such.

In the past, if I go to the item category and search by category, it shows all the items and it would indicate whether the item is marked out of stock or not.

Now, it is no longer indicating the item being out of stock, I have to search in 'All Items" to see that.  Very annoyed by this change and clearly the people that made this change do not use the product themselves.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @happy8 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community to bring this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear of your frustration.

I'm happy to help but will need some more detail in order to better understand your question. Is this on your Square Dashboard or your Online Store Dashboard?

Whenever you have a moment, please reply to this message with a little more information describing your question. I’ll be sure to follow up as soon as possible.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 13

Hello Violet, this is for the Square Dashboard. In the past when I navigate to Items -> Categories and I choose a category, each item there would show out of stock under the item name. Now, it completely changed and items marked out of stock do not indicate out of stock under the item name. Instead the only way to see visually if item is out of stock is if I go to All Items. This is a very disappointing change and I’m frustrated Square made this change without an option to revert back to what was already working fine. 

Message 3 of 13

Hey there @happy8 also chiming in as well for @Violet. So on Dashboard when go to item > categories did this appear after you clicked assigned items? Or you would actually click on the name of the category then it would show the items and out of stock? Thank you for clarifying. 

Message 4 of 13

Yes I clicked on the name of the category, then it lists all the items assigned to that category.  Before the UI update, if an item is marked out of stock, I would see it being marked out of stock right there, but no longer.  This is make it *extremely* difficult to see what things are out of stock with this now missing. 

Message 5 of 13

Hi @happy8,

Updates can sometimes shuffle certain features around, but I can confirm you're still able to view a list of items when searching under a specific category. 

Now, head over to your Item Library page. At the top, you'll spot a set of filter options in gray dropdown menus. Simply choose the 'All categories' menu, then select the specific category you want to view. This action will display the associated items, allowing you to effortlessly check stock levels for each item within that category.

I've attached a screenshot of what this will look like. 

Let me know if this helps!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 6 of 13

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree that that it is effortless to check stock levels due to the recent change on the iPad app.  In items -> Categories -> Drinks (for example). This page used to show whether the item is marked out of stock right under each name. Now, it no longer does.   This is on the iPad square app. So there is only “items”, not “item library” like the web portal 

Message 7 of 13

Hello @happy8 I am so sorry for any inconvenience. You are referring to this area right? 

Message 8 of 13

On the iPad, I am referring to Items -> Categories -> [Selected Category]

on the selected category screen, it used to show right under each item if it’s out of stock. Now with the recent change even if item is marked out of stock, that screen visually no longer displays out of stock under each item. Does that make sense now which screen I am referring to and the problem I am stating?

Message 9 of 13

This looks like a possible bug @happy8 I will go ahead and recommend you reach out to our direct Support Team. They will be able to take a closer look at this situation in real time and get all the screenshots and information needed to get this escalated if necessary. 

Our team can be reached at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. 

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here.

JJ
Message 10 of 13

Hello, it is my experience that calling Square support leads to nowhere.  I kindly urge you to help me file or escalate this bug so it gets the attention it needs to fix it.

Message 11 of 13

At this time, I do not have a way to have this escalated on our platform. I am sorry to hear about this experience with our support team @happy8. However, at this time this would be the best past to take to get this matter in front of our Advanced Support Team.

JJ
Message 12 of 13

In that case, I will not report it, simply from my experience any escalation from Square leads to nowhere.  Sorry to say that, but it's the truth.

Message 13 of 13