x
Beta Member

Another Friday - another disruption

Square keeps increasing fees, charge for previously free features, but has more disruptions than ever. 

Have you no shame?

Here's March's disruption from square's own website - posting on 3/15 - 8 days out of 15!

Screenshot 2024-03-15 113830.png

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Super Seller

hmmmm out of 15 days in March Square has had 7 days without issue or 8 days with an issue.

7/15 is a 46.667% no issue % NOT Good!!! Or a 53.334% down time because of issues.  

I know if I had an employee that only showed up 46.667% of the time, that employee would no longer be employed, just saying

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 12
Super Seller

Usually after my first sale of the Day, I check my reports to see what I did the previous week.  I checkthis on my Square Stand that I did the Transaction on.  The newest Transaction is USUALLY shown instantly.  Today it was delayed by over 15 minutes.  I could not see a Transaction in Reports or in Transactions.  So I called Support, the person there could see it, but I could not see it on my Square Stand nor in my Square Dashboard.  The person at Support could see it then asked to go in my account to look.  After Support did this, I was then able to see it on both My Stand and My Square Dashboard in both Reports and Transactions.  

So I am posting this here to let people know Square seems to be delayed again at showing Transactions and Reporting at least for me today.  The Transaction was NOT missing but delayed at showing for ME to see.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 3 of 12
Super Seller

Square does know of the issue but as of this posting still no yellow banner in the forum mentioning any issues.

At least Square is working on this one already:

3-15 issue.png

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 4 of 12
Super Seller

That was happening to us yesterday as well. I saw a bunch of people in our gift shop and after they all left I looked to see how they did as they had a bunch of things they were carrying around in the little basket.  But there were no transactions. So I asked the girl that was running the counter I said they didn't buy anything and she said yes they bought a bunch. a little while later the transaction showed up.  

I think this is why I've always been in the habit of exporting our transactions to our reporting tool the next day.

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 5 of 12
Super Seller

@BofBArtStudio ;

I export my sales after close or sometimes the next morning.  But if the Transactions do not show up after a sale, there will be nothing to export.  I already have had customers say I do not need a Receipt, I press NO RECEIPT, then a friend goes Get the receit I can put it in my app to get points etc.  Then I can press Transactions and issue a receipt right away, but in this case my customer would have had to wait 15 minutes for a receipt or more.  How happy do you think they would have been waiting for it after saying they did not want one.

That would be my issue when Square has these delays in reporting.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 6 of 12
Super Seller

Yes that is definitely an issue that comes up fairly often where the customer says no receipt but then changes their mind.  The delay and transactions showing up doesn't happen often, but when it does it can really be an issue. Hopefully Square gets it figured out and it becomes a non-issue.

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 7 of 12
Admin

Hi @Tommer1 @Candlestore 

I completely understand your frustration and apologize for the disruption. Our engineers have already implemented a solution, and you can stay updated on our status page.

I'd just like to reiterate that payments are processing successfully, but transaction reporting will be delayed.

We hear you loud and clear, and we take feedback like this seriously and continuously strive to improve our services. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 8 of 12
Super Seller

@Breffni ;

Well I had a sale for over $250.00 and wanted to see how I did last Friday on my Sales.  Then no Transactions in Transacation or Reports on my Stand.  Went to my Square Dashboard, Reports and Transactions..... Nothing there.  Came to the Forum and NO YELLOW banner saying there is an issue, so I called Support.  Support seemed clueless also of the problem.  They could see the transaction but I still could not.  Then after they went into my account, that is when I could finally see the transaction on my Stand and my Dashboard.  Then I made my post here, and when I went to make the post here there still is no yellow banner highlightingthat there might be an issue.   So before people keep asking all day if there is an issue I started my post.  But even now that YOU recognized this and the engineers are working on this ..... still no banner letting people know Square is having an issue before they go and ask for Trouble shooting Help on this issue.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 9 of 12
Admin

Ah, sorry for not addressing that @Candlestore - I can see the banner at the moment so I thought you could too however that might just be my location - if you can confirm you still don't see I can take a look into this. Thanks again Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 16.29.18.png

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 10 of 12
Super Seller

@Breffni ;

At the time I posted the response yesterday there was no yellow banner stating that Square was having issues, which is why I posted that message.  Now since I also run a business I did not see your message till just now showing the Yellow banner.  And as it is now over 24 hours hopefully the problem your engineers were working on yesterday have been fixed and there is no yellow banner today, which at the time of me writing this there is no yellow banner.  But it is still early and there is still plenty of time for issues to arise  🙂

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 11 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey, @Candlestore

We are continuously working on updating our processes to get notifications out to sellers when issues arise. Yesterday there seemed to be a lag in getting the banner up. Rest assured, we are making sure this does not happen again in the future, and we are dedicated to keeping our sellers as informed as possible. 

Thank you though, for providing your feedback. I just wanted to be transparent in what happened yesterday. 

Message 12 of 12