x
Beta Member

Does Square Point of Sale support Bitcoin as a currency option?

I use Square Point of Sale for my restaurant and a few customers have asked if I can accept Bitcoin.  I've seen a few articles stating that the point of sale app will add support sometime soon, but I haven't been able to find out any more about that.

Does Square Point of Sale support Bitcoin?  If not, are there plans to add that support in the near future?  And, if it is available, it needs to be pretty simple so I can train all the staff to use it. 

thanks.

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Square Point of Sale support Bitcoin?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 109
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Can I accept crypto currencies?

Hey @MetaJoe!

Good question. At this time, Square POS does not accept bitcoin or crypto currency payments.

Take a look at the best answer in this thread for a workaround suggestion. 

1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

It is not currently supported directly.  That would be interesting to accept but many people are scared of it as it is a virtual currency that fluctuates wildly sometimes.

You could accept bitcoin payment directly to your Bitcoin wallet and use Square Register and mark it as "other" in the payment field.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

Something is not right. The financial markets are factoring in C*C(crypto*currency) as a source of income and here folks are complaining that they are still unable to process anything other than CC(credit card). What gives?

Message 64 of 109

check this out https://www.minipos.cash/products/minipos-server-cashier-terminal-kit 

not sure why squre is dragging their feet on BCH/BTC/LTC

Message 65 of 109

Looking fore this feature too.  Litecoin, Bitcoin would be great.  Customers are asking!

Message 66 of 109

1) Re email receipts that customers request to their email:

How can I make the business address NOT appear in email receipts (e.g. just the business name displayed in customer email receipts)?

2) Do you have any idea of a rough estimate time frame for Square sellers to be able to receive payments in Bitcoin(BTC)?

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Sean

Message 67 of 109

Just pinging this for an update also. Definitely curious about taking CryptoCurrency as payment. Seems to still be growing as a feasible option that could be worth taking.

Message 68 of 109

Does anyone accept bitcoin, and how did you set it up? Under "other payments? Or a separate app connected to your checking account?

Message 69 of 109
Square Community Moderator

Hey @OrganiCuts1,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

This thread has the seller discussion you're looking for here. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 70 of 109

Common Devs this feature has been requested for over 3 years now.  Another option option id like is to automatically convert transactions from fiat into cryptocurrency of choice.  Say customer pays 10$ square deposits that equivalent in btc or whatever.  

Message 71 of 109

Delicomb would like to accept Bitcoin as a payment option through the Square platform.

Message 72 of 109

We would like to accept SilverDollar SLVD digital currency because it is redeemable for silver or for USD

Message 73 of 109
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Delicomb & @RicMalik00

Thank you for reaching out about using other forms of payment with Square. Currently, these aren't available to use with your Square transaction. 

I would be happy to tag this as a feature request for our Payments Team. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 74 of 109

Thank you for this info. Definitely clears that up for me.

Cameron Korth
Message 75 of 109

Hey, this has been the response 5 years- does square actually plan on integrating a crypto feature?

Message 76 of 109

Its 2021 your competition Venmo and PayPal now take crypto and we have new coins like Ethereum proving to be stable and always developing new tech. When will square be ready to accept cryptocurrencies? All mayor US banks are investing to it too! I’ve seen many business taking crypto payments thru other wallets but I would love to do it thru square!!! Think about it guys it’s the future and square is already ahead of the curve in many banking aspects don’t let this be your one blind spot in the market. 

Message 77 of 109

Hi, Trey here at Block 11. We have built a Bitcoin Lightning Node that integrates with Square Point-of-Sale devices. Check us out! We offer payment plans as well. Block-11.com If you have any questions or would like to set up a meeting to learn more just submit a ticket on our site! 

Block-11.com 

Message 78 of 109

Is this the Delicomb in Jacksonville beach? Was wondering if you had any success in accepting Bitcoin.

Message 79 of 109

Hi there! I'm the CEO/Owner of Block 11. We have a simple integration with all square products that allow you to accept Bitcoin with your Square POS system. If you're interested in this functionality, check us out! Block-11.com

Submit a ticket if you have any questions/to book an information meeting. 

Block-11.com - The easiest way for businesses to accept Bitcoin! 

Message 80 of 109

I would love to see crypto integrated.  Bitcoin is painfully slow and expensive, but many options (like DigiByte) have transactions confirmed in seconds with virtually 0 chance of fraud.  Digibyte.io has more info.

Integration would be pretty easy, and the fees are extremely minimal (allowing for square to get a good cut)

It seems so critical as more people reject traditional banks.  Square could be a huge trendsetter and make a fortune by supporting fast, secure cryptocurrencies.

Message 81 of 109

Our products integrate with Square products and others. Check us out at block-11.com Request a demo!

Message 82 of 109

Thank you sir, I just submitted a ticket!

Cameron Korth
Message 83 of 109

In the time since my post, I have also found Interledger Payments on the blockchain. I’ve began using them in conjunction with my Uphold crypto card and wow my eyes have opened!

Cameron Korth
Message 84 of 109