x

Export csv

I no longer see a way to export transaction detail to a CSV file on my computer. Nor do I see a way to set the date range. A week ago I could do this. Where did these tools go?

Message 1 of 42
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

There is a few other threads on this, here is the working response....

If you don't know how to zoom out - hold down the ctrl key, and hit minus until you see the button top right corner

I had to "unzoom" my screen size on my laptop in order to find them. I had NO scroll bar at the bottom of my screen. But at least they're still there! WHEW!!! 

View Best Answer >

Message 28 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for posting, and sharing @ScottyV

We're working on merging all of the posts about this to one thread so we can keep track of contacts, and provide updates to everyone at once. 

We appreciate you taking the time to update your post so that you could share the work-around with more sellers! ❤️

Message 22 of 42

I'm wondering the same thing. Super frustrating. Hopefully its a glitch!

Message 23 of 42

Same! I use this tool on a monthly basis. Anyone have any updates?

Message 24 of 42

Wow! It looks like we're not the only gallery where someone is freaking out. I sent a panicked message to support saying "WHERE'S MY SEARCH BY NOTE OPTION??? AND WHERE'S MY EXPORT BUTTON???

I had to "unzoom" my screen size on my laptop in order to find them. I had NO scroll bar at the bottom of my screen. But at least they're still there! WHEW!!! 

Screenshot (238).png

Message 25 of 42

Thanks that did it for me! Appreciate the response! There is another thread and we need to pass this on to those others!

Message 26 of 42

Hope this doesn't confuse you, @janjwoodables (or anyone else) but we're merging all the posts together so we can keep track of contacts. Just wanted to give you a heads up, and thank you so much for sharing the workaround with everyone. ❤️

Message 27 of 42

Best Answer

There is a few other threads on this, here is the working response....

If you don't know how to zoom out - hold down the ctrl key, and hit minus until you see the button top right corner

Message 28 of 42

What happened to our Square Dashboard "Reports?"  

They UNNECESSAIRLY changed the look of the reports "Sales Summary"  Before it looked fantastic, providing prior year closest weekday comparison chart and ALL the pertinent information, Net Sales, returns, tips, sales tax, fees, etc.  WHY DID THEY CHANGE THIS?!  I have tried logging in with different computers with different browsers and still nothing but 3 useless tabs up top, "Date" "Display by Location", "Filter by"   PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD REPORTS " SALES SUMMARY" Look!

Message 29 of 42

Btw, when I try to isolate each store location, it collapses the report into a very rudimentary view, and no longer shows all the pertinent information as it did in the combined store locations info.  This is really annoying that Square had to go and mess with something that was NOT broken!  If it ain't broke, why fix it?!  

Message 30 of 42

Hey @ 

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry to hear you are having trouble with your reporting. This is a known issue that we hope to have resolved in the upcoming week. I'm merging your post to this thread so that we can keep track of contacts. 

In the meantime, zooming out on your browser (using Ctrl + - (minus key) on Windows or Command + - (minus key) on Mac) will make the missing elements available at this time.

Please follow along to our status page here for updates regarding this. 

Message 31 of 42

Did reports in Square changed in the last couple weeks? We always ran item sales reports with custom dates and exported but neither option available...export button not even showing for any reports ???🤞

Message 32 of 42

Hi @RamseyPTO 👋

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue! We have a known bug filed with our Engineers regarding this. You can follow along with updates here

In the meantime, we do have a work-around that will allow you to run your specific reports. Take a look at @janjwoodables pinned Best Answer at the top of this post. 😊

Depending on your computer, zooming out on your browser (using Ctrl + - (minus key) on Windows or Command + - (minus key) on Mac) will make the missing elements available at this time.

Message 33 of 42

I still can’t find it. I used the export button less than two eels ago and now it’s gone. 

Message 34 of 42

What device are you using? On my laptop, I had to make my text smaller (unzoom)...you can either use Ctrl minus or plus to change the size, or go to the three dots in the upper right corner, find it there and click on Minus a couple of times. 

If you're on an odd device, or that doesn't work, add some details. 

(How long is an eel?)

Message 35 of 42

When you call up a daily transaction under "Transactions" , why doesn't it give you the tab "download CSV"?  I need this for my daily reports and to get totals.

Message 36 of 42

Hi @nsritz 

My apologies that you are having trouble with this. We have a known bug filed with our Engineers regarding this. You can follow along with updates here

In the meantime, we do have a work-around that will allow you to run your specific reports. Take a look at @janjwoodables pinned Best Answer at the top of this post. 😊

Depending on your computer, zooming out on your browser (using Ctrl + - (minus key) on Windows or Command + - (minus key) on Mac) will make the missing elements available at this time.

Message 37 of 42

Is anyone having issues with the calendar under Reports? On Sundays I always run a report for Monday through Sunday (so trying to do 11/7-11/13) for Item Sales, but currently the calendar dates aren't showing up (pic included here). I then thought I'd run a report for Last Week, then one for today and do exports, but the Export button is also not showing up.

calendar.jpg

Message 38 of 42

Just want to add that I'm seeing the same behavior under the Transactions page -- I get the Today/Yesterday/This week/etc drop down box, but not the little calendar allowing for custom start/stop dates.

And worse, there's NO export button in the upper right of the page. 

Message 39 of 42

I also just discovered that I can't do a report filter. I thought I could manually get some numbers by running the Item Sales Report  & then adding a filter for the items I'm interested in. I can select "Filter by:" and then Select "Item", but then the dropdown I usually get to then select which items is not showing up.

Message 40 of 42

Hi there! 👋

Sorry to hear you all are running into this. This is a known issue that we hope to have resolved in the upcoming week. I'm merging your post to this thread so that we can keep track of contacts. 

In the meantime, zooming out on your browser (using Ctrl + - (minus key) on Windows or Command + - (minus key) on Mac) will make the missing elements available at this time.

Please follow along to our status page here for updates regarding this. 

Message 41 of 42

CRAY-ZEE!!

JanJWoodables is my hero!  So I hit Shift plus the minus symbol key (Wonderful world of windows

computing, btw) and There's my favorite little Export button, and my calendar start/stop tool is back too. 

I was losing My Mind. Thank you X 3!

Message 42 of 42