x

Is it possible to have variable pricing on top of a flat price on item variables?

I am looking for a way to have a base price on an item, and variable on the item variables. 

For example, Sample Item #1 has a base price of $5.00. Sample Item #1 has three item variations, Variation #1, Variation #2 and Variation #3. Each of these variations we would need to enter the cost of the variation at the time of sale on our POS. The total cost would be $5.00 + the variable cost of the variation. Is this possible?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@dogtownmia I see what you are trying to do, you can do this but with a preselected modifier..the item variations would have no price and then the modifier would be added to the item when you make it.  You can make a modifier with one choice and require that choice and have it preselected so it is automatically added to the item.

This is a little non-traditional, but would guarantee a "base" cost no matter the variation.  And if you wanted a variation with no extra charge you would have to put it as .01 to take away the ability to ring in a custom amount.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 4

Thank you! Could you walk me through creating a pre-selected modifier? I am having issues doing this. 

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Using the online dashboard is the only way to do this correctly.

1.  Go to Items ---- Modifiers ---- Create Modifier

2.  Enter the name of the modifier set which should match up to the item you are wanting to sell.. i.e.  Rawhide Treat - Base ...whatever you choose.

3.  Enter the base price for the modifier cost.

4.  Create your item as normal.

5.  Create variations for each variation and name them and leave the price blank for a variable price items.

6.  Go down to Modifiers and click Edit:

DonnieM_0-1701106024624.png

Make sure that automatically add item to check is UNCHECKED...lol

7.  Search And Add your modifier you created.

8.  When the modifer is on there like the previous screen shot click the three dots to the right and "customize".

9  You will select required modifiers "1" and maximum "1".

10.  Click the pre-selected box to the right and then hit save.

Boom..the modifier has to be checked and has to be on there with your cost attached to any variation selected.

DonnieM_1-1701106193150.png

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 4