x

My terminal with square Pos software

Hey folks. Im having an artshow and I already have a Tousei terminal...can I connect it squares pos system and have payments go through the square system?

Message 1 of 4
2 Best Answers
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @Wali1.  All card swipers/readers are proprietary.  So Square’s readers only work with Square’s payment system, Tousei’s only works with theirs, etc.  From what I see on Tousei’s website, their hardware is proprietary.  I see nothing anywhere in Square or even in a web search that says what you want to do will work.  You’d need to contact Tousei directly to see if there are any third-party processors that can use their hardware, but I would be very surprised if that is the case.

Regards,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
Square Champion

Best Answer

@Wali1 I’ll add that Square has built readers that work with various iOS and Android devices.  But Tousei Android devices do not show up in the list of approved Square hardware.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @Wali1.  All card swipers/readers are proprietary.  So Square’s readers only work with Square’s payment system, Tousei’s only works with theirs, etc.  From what I see on Tousei’s website, their hardware is proprietary.  I see nothing anywhere in Square or even in a web search that says what you want to do will work.  You’d need to contact Tousei directly to see if there are any third-party processors that can use their hardware, but I would be very surprised if that is the case.

Regards,

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 4
Square Champion

Best Answer

@Wali1 I’ll add that Square has built readers that work with various iOS and Android devices.  But Tousei Android devices do not show up in the list of approved Square hardware.

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 3 of 4

Thank you so much

Message 4 of 4