x
Beta Member

NFC Tap unavailable on Android Quickitel 13

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: NFC tap

I have a tablet that accepts NFC tap to pay and works with other apps. But the square app says device not supported. Is there a way to get the NFC to accept tap with square?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi again @NolaSnow - Thanks for providing those additional details. I checked our Compatibility Page and didn't see any Quikitel devices listed. This would explain the "device not supported" error.

Do you happen to have any devices that are on the compatibility list?

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hey @NolaSnow - not all devices are supported for all features. 

What tablet is it that you're using? 

Beyond having the NFC capability it'll need to have open architecture that is also considered secure enough for card processing. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 6

Hi there @NolaSnow 👋 My name is Violet and I'm one of the Moderators here in the Seller Community.

@Sam_400º is correct, your device will need to be compatible, firstly. You will need to be running Android 9 or later to use Tap to Pay by Android. Tap to Pay on iPhone is not currently available on iPad. Next, you'll need to enable Tap to Pay. You can find the steps for doing this on your Android device here in our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful but please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

Thank you for your response. Yes it surpasses all the requirements. It is a brand new tablet. The NFC does scan cards with another app. It is enabled in square but it says that device is not supported in square. I am just confused because if it meets all the requirements and the NFC works with other things, why does it not work with square?

Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

It is a Quikitel Android 13

Message 5 of 6

Best Answer

Hi again @NolaSnow - Thanks for providing those additional details. I checked our Compatibility Page and didn't see any Quikitel devices listed. This would explain the "device not supported" error.

Do you happen to have any devices that are on the compatibility list?

Violet
Message 6 of 6