x
Beta Member

My Square Register freezes when we sell a gift card? I have reported it to Support...nothing.

Is anyone else dealing with their register freezing when they sell a gift card?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hello @3bean thanks for your post. I'm sorry you're having difficulty with your Register and Gift cards. I have not heard or experienced an issue like this before.Check and see if your software is current...

Make sure your device has the latest software. To update your Square Register software, tap the down arrow at the top of your Register and select Settings. Scroll to the device section, tap General > About Register > Software Update.

I know some issues with Registers have been corrected by doing a factory reset on them. If you try a reboot/restart and it keeps continuing to have issues, you may want to do a factory reset. Just note that some setting may need adjusted when the Register restarts.

To reset from your Square Register:

1. In the upper left hand corner, tap Configure Device.
  2. Tap General > About Register.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Factory Reset > Confirm Factory Reset.
  4. Tap Reset one last time and the countdown will begin and your Register will reset.

Once the reset is complete (for me a reset took about 10 min or less), you’ll need to reconnect to your internet connection and sign back in. You may need to add any receipt printer back in as well.

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Yes. Everything is current. Both of my registers do this.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @3bean

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your Register. 

Have you had a chance to do a factory reset?

Thank you.

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4