x

Voucher Pay at a Later Date

Some of our customers do customer or employee appreciation "vouchers".

A few we have done in the past are: $10.00 worth of product or Pick-Your-Own 1/2 peck bag.

The way we have done this in the past is as a discount; we tally up the discounts used for that particular voucher at the end of the month, send an invoice to the customer, and they sent a check in payment. Unfortunately, this doesn't show up as a positive to sales daily more as a negative because of the discount being given.

We want a way to track the sales per day, but allow the customer to pay at the end. I am not sure if Open Ticket allows for this or not. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @Hackettsorchard, I appreciate you reaching out and i'm happy to help. Open tickets would be the best option to achieve what you are trying to do. You can create the ticket and when the customer is ready you can close the ticket out and pay for it. Please note, if you use a customer’s credit card to create a new open ticket, the card will not be charged at that time and their payment information will not be stored within the app. I hope this helps!

Message 2 of 5

I am wanting to track the sales that happen for that day with the voucher, does Open Tickets allow you to do that and include the sales for that day in the sales summary?

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Hackettsorchard

Open tickets are not converted into a sale until the customer pays for them. The items in an Open ticket will appear in your Sales summary for the day when the open ticket is paid. 

Unfortunately, there's no way to record a sale on one day and then record the payment on a different day. 

You can add this feature request to our Ideate boards for other sellers to vote for it. The more votes a request gets, the more likely our product team will add it to our platform in the future. 

Thank you

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

What would be a good way to do this, or something similar with the current Square set up?

Message 5 of 5