x
Beta Member

tips collection turned off

This week the Tips Collection > ON toggle was turned off. 

This was not done by a staff member or admin: it seems to have happened with a software update. There were 2.5 days when my staff did not get tipped at the register because they did not notice this had been turned off (a customer would have had to tell them).

Posting here as a heads up to other cafe/businesses using Tips Collection at POS. Staff do not have access to check or change this setting, so they have no way to correct it if a Square Update turns it off again. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

That is interesting.  This is the only report of this I have seen which makes me think it is isolated to some quirk of a setting as the millions of Square users there would be other reports for sure.

It is possible that Square support can see in the history or log of the app to see when it got changed.

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

My Square Register has been auto disabling tips for the past week. We have to go in and check every 30 minutes or so to ensure tipping is turned on.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @echocl 👋

I'm sorry to hear about this issue. 

Do you take payments for Invoices on your Square Register?

And are there any pending updates for your Register? 

We did experience an issue where taking Invoice payments would turn off tipping, but a fix has been released as part of our latest updates. 

If you do not take payments for Invoices or your Register is fully updated, I would recommend reaching out to our support team for assistance with this issue.

Thank you! 

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4