x

Hardware Suggestions?

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original : "Reader"

Looking for the best go to set up for on the go sales at Vendor Shows - Needs to be Blue Tooth capable and Android compatible. I am currently on the waitlist for a Square Reader for contactless and chip. Any other suggestions and was that the correct product?

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hey @DBP-AVON!

Either the Square reader or Square terminal shall do you proud, anywhere you go in your home county, you will be able to accept payments all day long with a simple device, the reader will need to be connected to a device with the Square app, the terminal has all the software directly integrated so you don't need anything else in order to accept payments from customers and clients!

Hope this can help, if it does, mark it as best answer to help others in the future!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hey @DBP-AVON!

Either the Square reader or Square terminal shall do you proud, anywhere you go in your home county, you will be able to accept payments all day long with a simple device, the reader will need to be connected to a device with the Square app, the terminal has all the software directly integrated so you don't need anything else in order to accept payments from customers and clients!

Hope this can help, if it does, mark it as best answer to help others in the future!

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 10

Thank you!! Just to clarify before I pull the trigger on this purchase; if you do not mind. Purchasing the Square Terminal will connect to my Android S21 + because I have the app installed and it is Bluetooth compatible. However, do I need to purchase the Hub that is offered? It is not terribly more expensive I just don't understand the use of it and whether I need it in application. I will be remotely working with this more than stationary in office. Need it to be cordless.  Truly appreciate you assistance!!!

Message 3 of 10
Square Champion

The Square terminal should run on it's own, do you mean the reader's docking stand? that is just a stand it can charge on while you use it. You can connect the reader to the phone (Samsung S21+ is supported) and the terminal I believe runs as an all in one device so no extra connections needed and no hubs necessary! all you need for both of them is an internet connection : )

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 4 of 10

Hi, I have had a square for quite awhile but haven't used in a long time. I was told I'd get a free replacement yet the order

shows charging me $10. Please clarify.

Thanks,

ellen.kelley@cox.net

Message 5 of 10

as

Message 6 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @ernie12345678 😃 Welcome back to the Seller Community! 

We'd be happy to look into this for you. You are entitled to one free Square Reader for Magstripe as a first time Square Seller. Can you please tell me how you ordered your replacement reader? Did you give us a call or order the reader via your Square account?

We will be on the lookout for your reply. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 7 of 10

how do I remove the sales tax on my square? ellen.kelley@cox.net   cell 520-308-9913

Message 8 of 10
Square Champion

@ernie12345678 ;

Are you trying to remove sales tax from One sale or are you trying to remove Sales tax from ALL future sales?

If you are trying to remove Sales Tax from one sale, you can ring up the entire sale, then press on the Sales tax and slide it then a pop up should appear asking if you want to delete it.  Then the Sales tax should say Turned Off.

If you want to delete it from future sales

You will need to log in to your Square Dashboard on a computer

and go here :https://squareup.com/dashboard/business/manual-taxes 

Home- Account and Settings - Business information- Sales Taxes-

Then select the Tax you want to delete.   The Screen should say at the top Edit Tax---- on the right side select Actions then press Delete and confirm.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 9 of 10
Square Champion

I like the new Square stand a lot! It accommodates blue tooth, apple pay, swipe and chip reader. The only downside is you need to also invest in a iPad.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Square Champion - Expert
instagram.com/bronzepalms
Message 10 of 10