x
Beta Member

Square Terminal Not Charging

Hello - 

We switched to the Square Terminal hand-held devices in November 2022.  I just had one replaced under warranty; now the other one will not charge. 

I have tried multiple outlets.

I have tried both power cords.

Has any one else had such issues with these?

Message 1 of 13
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @Ninabeth - Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about your Square Terminal 😞 I can certainly provide you with some information on our warranty policy.

Square warrants your Square Hardware against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year from the shipping date. This limited warranty does not apply to Square Hardware that has been subject to alteration, repair, tampering, accident, abuse, misuse, fire, acts of god, or other external causes.

For the Square Terminal, you’ll have to contact our Support team and obtain approval before submitting a warranty claim. To proceed with the warranty process, please follow the steps listed here.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 13

Best Answer

Hi there, @Lrobertazzi - Sorry to hear about this issue with your Square Terminals.

If the Terminals are not still within the one year warranty, you could try a replacement charger to see if this improves things. These are priced at $39.00 in our shop.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there, @Apt9F,

Oh no! We are sorry to hear that is happening. How long has there been an issue with the second Terminal? 

Ellie
Message 2 of 13
Beta Member

Thanks @Ellie_ 

As it is still under warranty, we have arranged for a replacement. 

Message 3 of 13

I am having the same issue, how did you get to return, only had this one about a month

Message 4 of 13

Best Answer

Hi there, @Ninabeth - Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about your Square Terminal 😞 I can certainly provide you with some information on our warranty policy.

Square warrants your Square Hardware against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year from the shipping date. This limited warranty does not apply to Square Hardware that has been subject to alteration, repair, tampering, accident, abuse, misuse, fire, acts of god, or other external causes.

For the Square Terminal, you’ll have to contact our Support team and obtain approval before submitting a warranty claim. To proceed with the warranty process, please follow the steps listed here.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions

Violet
Message 5 of 13

Hello, I have has similar issues with my square terminal.  It stopped taking a charge.  I tried purchasing a new power cord, that did not help.  It looks like many other users are having similar issues.  I really liked the terminal and would love to purchase 3 more of them, but if they will only last a year and then go bad after the warranty runs out, they are not worth it.  Has Square acknowledged and worked to fix the issue?

Message 6 of 13

Hey there @Lrobertazzi 

Have you tried reaching out to our support team? They may be able to identify what's happening with your unit using the diagnostic report on your device. Or does not turn on at all?

JJ
Message 7 of 13

I am having the same problem with our handhelds.  We have had our handhelds for just over a year and we are now on our third handheld that is not charging.  The 1st one that went out was just under warranty, so we had it replaced.  Almost a month later, the same thing happened with the replacement.  Would not hold a charge so we called again (which is a whole other story, trying to get through to someone on square) Now, our handheld that is just out of warranty, is not holding a charge.  This is super frustrating, as we are a busy bar, and having just one handheld makes our service suffer.  And i also don't want to keep using these if we have to replace one every 2 months.  

Does anyone else have issues with handhelds not holding a charge?  

Message 8 of 13

I have had two square terminals that completely stopped charging all together. Both were not under warranty any longer. Super frustrating. Seems like this is problematic for the devices and there’s no solution.

Message 9 of 13

Best Answer

Hi there, @Lrobertazzi - Sorry to hear about this issue with your Square Terminals.

If the Terminals are not still within the one year warranty, you could try a replacement charger to see if this improves things. These are priced at $39.00 in our shop.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 10 of 13

Thank you for your response. It does not help. We’ve tried several different chargers on the terminals and nothing worked.

Message 11 of 13

Does Square offer a repair service or battery replacement for the devices? We have 3 Square handheld devices that fail to charge/boot up.

Message 12 of 13

Hi there, @OSNYC - Thanks for following up on this thread with your question.

This is not something we offer. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news 😞 Please take a look at my Best Answer here for some other options.

I hope this helps!

Violet
Message 13 of 13