x

Which barcode scanners are compatible with the Square Stand?

Which Barcode Scanners work with the ipad air 2 and square stand? I'm on amazon looking at them, but not sure what is compatible? 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer
Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

hi i was wondering if the L5100Y Laser 1D USB Barcode Scanner works with square

Message 22 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Kingotter !

Welcome to our Seller Community, we're thrilled to have you. 

You can find here a list of compatible barcode scanners.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find the one you mentioned in the list. 

Let me know if you have further questions.

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 24
Square Champion

@Kingotter ;

I bought a Terra D6100 and when I plugged it into my Square Stand it popped up right away that it was NOT compatible.  The Scanner works great with a Chromebook or Laptop computer for inventory tracking but not with a Square Stand.  What I have found out is that if Square Recommends a certain Brand of Scanner, another model by the same brand may work.  I saw the LS2200 Zebra Scanner on the list which is a 1D scanner so I tried the DS6700 series scanners by Zebra and they work fine.

As for your L5100Y model I doubt it will work and this would have to be a risk you would want to take.  I took the risk on the D6100 to work with Square and lost.  Now I have a cheap scanner for inventory, and better compatible scanners for my Square POS.  

I would stick to Squares List of recommended scanners and stay away from the Terra models unless the salesperson guarantees they work with Square and will take it back if it does not work.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 24 of 24