x

Anyone else having issues with the Square stand and/or register recognizing their USB printer?

Since I've updated to the latest version of Square, both my Square register and one of my Square stands will not recognize my USB receipt printer or connected cash drawer. My other Square stand with the previous version of Square software is working fine. Anyone else having this problem. 

I've done all of the online troubleshooting ideas and contacted Square support twice and they are suggesting it's my printers. But all three printers cannot have stopped working overnight surely?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hmm, super strange.

You mentioned 2 POS devices (Stand and Register) but 3 printers. Are they all USB? I'm assuming one must be a kitchen/ethernet printer? If not, how is the 3rd printer connected? 

@zameen

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

I'm having the same issues. I have two ipad Square Stands and two star USB printers. The one with the older version of the square app and iOS work but the one with the latest square app and iOS will not recognize the printer. It is super frustrating. It's not an issue with the printer or hub because the hub recognizes the contactless chip reader and the printer is able to be recognized on the other stand.

Message 3 of 5

Issue was with the stand itself. Got a new one and it worked!

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

@vb61 - Happy to hear! 🙂 Let us know if you're having trouble with your new Square Stand. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5