x

Can I charge different delivery fees for Square Online orders based on ZIP code?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Multiple local delivery options for free and surcharge.

We are a small cottage bakery and delivery our products locally, and also have limited local pickup. We currently process through Square API on our homegrown online solution for ordering. Thinking about moving to Square online as the primary order front-end.

Our business rules are as follows:

• If you live in a specific zip code, delivery is always free.
  • If your order is over a specified amount, delivery is free.
  • If your order is under that amount, there is a small delivery charge.
  • We deliver only between 1pm-3pm+ and don't really need to track specific delivery times/promises
  • We only deliver to a specific number of zip codes (only in the local area - no shipping

I have not been able to determine if Square will handle this or if we would need some kind of custom solution, etc.

Any input from experienced Square users is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there @SkipGSav - let's try to tackle these!

If you live in a specific zip code, delivery is always free.

It isn't currently possible to apply a delivery fee related to a specific ZIP code using Square Online. 

If your order is over a specified amount, delivery is free.
If your order is under that amount, there is a small delivery charge.

You can set this up with Square Online! You can find all of the settings laid out below in the Pickup & Delivery section of the Settings in your website editor. Here is an example of how you could set up your delivery fees:

We deliver only between 1pm-3pm+ and don't really need to track specific delivery times/promises

You can differentiate your pickup hours from your delivery hours, so you would be able to offer delivery specifically between 1 PM and 3 PM. Here's an example:

We only deliver to a specific number of zip codes (only in the local area - no shipping

I have not been able to determine if Square will handle this or if we would need some kind of custom solution, etc.

You would be able to set specific delivery areas by ZIP code using a Square Online website:

I hope this helps! 😊

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi there @SkipGSav - let's try to tackle these!

If you live in a specific zip code, delivery is always free.

It isn't currently possible to apply a delivery fee related to a specific ZIP code using Square Online. 

If your order is over a specified amount, delivery is free.
If your order is under that amount, there is a small delivery charge.

You can set this up with Square Online! You can find all of the settings laid out below in the Pickup & Delivery section of the Settings in your website editor. Here is an example of how you could set up your delivery fees:

We deliver only between 1pm-3pm+ and don't really need to track specific delivery times/promises

You can differentiate your pickup hours from your delivery hours, so you would be able to offer delivery specifically between 1 PM and 3 PM. Here's an example:

We only deliver to a specific number of zip codes (only in the local area - no shipping

You would be able to set specific delivery areas by ZIP code using a Square Online website:

I hope this helps! 😊

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Is there anything being done to change this? 

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

This is a necessary feature to help small businesses maximize sales. Has there been any progress on this since 2020?

Message 4 of 5

We currently use bike couriers for our deliveries and we would like to set delivery fees based on zip code. We know there is a radius option, but that doesn't fit our needs because the couriers charge based on zip codes due to the terrain. Please add the option to set delivery fees based on zip codes!

Message 5 of 5