x
Beta Member

Cash sales vs total collected

I'm looking for a pattern in my cash sales as a % of the total collected for each day and I would like to go back 1 year. Does anyone know how to export the sales report for each day for a extended period of time? I know you are able to export each individual day however I want to compare about 300 days worth of data so exporting each day individually is going to take a hell of a long time.

Exapmle: The report would be in Excel and would show cash sales in one column dating back 1 year so there would be 300+ entries and in the other column would be the total sales for the same period of time (300+ entries/days). I understand there will be additional data like gross sales, tax, tips, credit card, etc but I can filter all that out.

The report would be able to tell me what my annual average % of cash sales is compared to the total collected. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @LauderAle, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up!

We don't currently offer an automated report that would help surface this pattern but I think you can find the metrics you're looking for by exporting the Transactions CSV from the Transactions tab. You'll be able to select a custom date range before exporting and then you can organize the data (e.g. payment type) in Excel as needed.

I can certainly see how digging up this information is a bit labor-intensive and I'll be sure to surface your post with our Point of Sale Team. Hope this helps get you in the right direction, and—if any other sellers have insight to share—please do weigh in!

Appreciate your patience as we work to improve and let us know if you have any other questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2