x

How do I show transaction numbers on my register screen when I don't print receipts?

I own a coffee shop and normally give customers numbers even when we dont print reciepts. How do I show the transaction number on the ipad screen without printing a repiept?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @thehoodcafe! Are you using order ticket stubs to number them numerically? 

Message 2 of 4

Chad, I am not sure. I keep looking for the answer but am not sure about the wording when I search. I found how to put table numbers in to keep tickets open but that isn't what we do. We normally give a verbal number to customers and call it out when their drink is ready. How do I set-up order ticket stubs. 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Helen here from the Community Team stepping in for @Chad today. 

If you print order tickets you can choose that a number is automatically assigned to the order ticket/order ticket stub that you give to your customer.

There isn't a way to automatically assign a number without printing an order ticket. This is a request we're tracking in a separate thread: Customize Receipts: automatically numbered.

If you don't want to print order tickets could you include a number in the ticket name? Something to consider for your checkout flow is that after a customer has paid the ticket is closed and isn't visible any more. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 4