x

Donation event: how to flag certain sales for donation

We have agreed to donate a certain percentage of our sales on Tuesdays this month for employees from a large office nearby to charity. So, I need a way to flag certain sales so that we know how much gets donated. Has anyone done this before in Square?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @otrbagelry! If I understand correctly you take payments at a particular office location and you want to see the sales for that location for each Tuesday of the month? There isn't a way to do this pre-emptively, but there are a couple of ways that you could look at completed sales for each Tuesday from your online Square Dashboard.

If you track sales by device - and use a specific device to take payment at that location - you can filter the Sales Summary report by device and export the Summary CSV file for each Tuesday during the month. If the device is used throughout the day at other locations You can filter that report further by time. Click 'All Day' to set a specific timeframe. The same filters (device, date and time) are availble in the Transactions CSV report

Or, if specific employees take payments at that location you could use the  Employee Sales report to see the payments they accepted on Tuesdays. That report can't be filtered by time.

I hope this is helpful but if please let me know if I'm not understanding your plan. It sounds like a great idea! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @otrbagelry! If I understand correctly you take payments at a particular office location and you want to see the sales for that location for each Tuesday of the month? There isn't a way to do this pre-emptively, but there are a couple of ways that you could look at completed sales for each Tuesday from your online Square Dashboard.

If you track sales by device - and use a specific device to take payment at that location - you can filter the Sales Summary report by device and export the Summary CSV file for each Tuesday during the month. If the device is used throughout the day at other locations You can filter that report further by time. Click 'All Day' to set a specific timeframe. The same filters (device, date and time) are availble in the Transactions CSV report

Or, if specific employees take payments at that location you could use the  Employee Sales report to see the payments they accepted on Tuesdays. That report can't be filtered by time.

I hope this is helpful but if please let me know if I'm not understanding your plan. It sounds like a great idea! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2