x
Beta Member

Contactless and Chip readers not pairing?

I have Square for Restaurants with 5 restaurants. I've heard from a few of them that they're having trouble with the contactless and chip readers. They become "un-paired." Once they take the reader out of the dock and put it back in, it's fine. But they're having to do it numerous times. All of our readers cannot be going out at the same time... Anyone else? Does it have to do with the iOS update that we have not done on all of our iPads, yet?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello @urs

While keeping devices up-to-date is one of our recommendations to ensure our hardware works properly, and the missing update could definitely be affecting how your Readers pair to your iPads, there are some other troubleshooting steps we can try if you are unable to update your iPadOS at this time. 

At this time, our Reader for contactless and chip requires iOS 14.0+, so as long as you have 14.0 or newer, your Readers will work. 

'

Give the troubleshooting steps a go and let me know if you continue to experience issues, so we can look into other options. 

Thank you

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2