x
Beta Member

Tips split

This has always been a huge gripe of mine for years.  Also takes a lot of work to go through multiple emplyees of what hours they worked and with whom.  I would assume it be easy to switch whoever is assigned to that register to whoever was clocked in at that location.  Save coffee shop owners and other businesses alike a ton of time.  Should be able to reward your best and longest standing  employees the best shifts without this much hassle.  Yes I am agianst pooling for many reasons.  Thank you and please fix soon.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @perks1207!

Thanks for your post. I guess I just want a bit of a better understanding as to what you're looking for.

Currently, we have a system where employees can input a 4-digit code to associate their name with the a sale (and the tip). 

Are you looking for a system where the tips are associated with whoever is clocked in at that time? And split among them? 

I want to make sure I understand this feature request properly, so please reply back in this thread with a bit more detail or an example. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Yes it would be extremely helpful for the tips to be split from whomever is clocked in

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

I really hear where you are coming from - having a feature like this would save time and energy when running the business, and thank you for the clarification. I will be sure to keep tracking this for our Support teams as I can really see the benefit of this request. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

I believe having the ability to assign teams to a register would be beneficial.  If you have more than one register in a restaurant, people with different responsibilities, there should be an option to assign the team to each register.   For example we have a bar and a food service area.   I want the bartenders to split tips from there register and the food service team to split on their register.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for adding this suggestion to this feature request, @EagleBBQ! While we don't have an update to share here yet, we'll highlight this with our product team again. 

Message 6 of 6