x

Does square app only see compatible printers?

I'm playing with printing from the IOS restaurant app.  I don't have a network or blue tooth printer at the moment to test with (although I do have a TSP143 USB).  It doesn't appear though that the app is searching for printers and it only mentions blue tooth printers in the dialog to set up a printer.  I have other network printers but it does not show them. 

Does it only list compatible printers?

Also:

would see a printer on a CUPS printer server?

or on a USB printer connected to a ethernet print server?

I'm asking because I have 5 TSP143 that are USB and I don't want to have to replace them.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @markb1

Check out this Support Article with more information about the compatible devices and the Square hardware to use it with. 

What kind of Square Hardware are you trying to use with that printer? If the USB isn't connected to the device then, it wouldn't be able to recognize it like the Bluetooth or wifi printers. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I've setup up a Star TSP143 USB but as a lan printer using a USB printer server.  Windows can see it as a network printer but your app does not -- nor does it look like it is scanning.

It's a should show as an ethernet printer but it will be the USB version showing up.

Is the app really scanning for network printers or will what I'm trying to do not work?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @markb1

The app uses the network to align to the Ethernet printers, therefore it has to be the same network/ wifi. 

The workaround you are trying is not supported at this time. Anything outside of the normal process is not suggested as we can't trouble shot should anything go wrong.

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 4