x

Does square take Apple Pay, if so how do you setup Apple Pay. Thanks

Does square take Apple Pay if so how do you set it up. Thanks 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @tyrie2001 - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

If you are using a Square Terminal, Square Contactless + Chip Reader, or accepting payments through a Square Online site, you can accept Apple Pay.

How do I accept Apple Pay at my business?

Accepting Apple Pay at your business is easy. Here are some best practices for setting up your Square Reader and Apple Pay marketing kit:

Get a new NFC-enabled payment terminal that accepts contactless payments like Apple Pay. Square Reader for contactless and chip, Square Stand, Square Terminal and Square Register all accept contactless payments.

Set up your new reader. Square Reader for contactless and chip connects to your device wirelessly as long as you have a compatible iOS device. If you’re setting it up with Bluetooth LE, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device. Then open the Square app and connect the reader. Make sure the reader is facing your customers and is within their reach so they can make Apple Pay payments easily.

To accept payments, have customers hold their iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch near the reader until four green lights appear and a chime sounds. When you see the check mark on your screen, the transaction is complete.

You can also accept Apple pay on your website. Square Checkout, a hosted checkout and online payment form that developers can implement with a single integration, supports Web Apple Pay.

In addition, Square e-commerce API supports Web Apple Pay and makes it easy for developers who are building their own checkout flow to include an option for Apple Pay at checkout.

Finally, you can also take contactless payments from contactless cards, Apple Pay, and other digital wallets in person with just your iPhone using Tap to Pay on iPhone.

I hope this helps. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2