x

Modifiers with Modifiers

We have a modifier set up for our servers to select two sides with each dinner. However when the server selects a house salad as a side, I would like for an additional modifier to pop up asking for the dressing and a conversational modifier to pop up asking if toppings need to be added or removed on the salad before clicking 'add to check'. However, if they select sides that are NOT house salads I do NOT want the dressing and salad toppings modifier to pop up. Any suggestions on how to do this or how others are doing this would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @brandonjenkins5,

That is a great question and we understand how that can help your business. I am going to tag in one of our wonderful Super Sellers, @Donnie-M on this question. Hopefully, he can provide some insight or tricks to get this in your account. 

Also, welcome to our Seller Community!

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

@brandonjenkins5 Currently, there isn't a "nested" modifier option.  what I have done is use a couple of modifiers to solve the problem.  With salads you can easily do "side salad w/ranch" side salad w/blue cheese etc. etc.  For the conditional modifier/conversational, I would just do an extra modifier that is called salad options if selected and put "No Bacon" No Cheese, No Tomato etc. and skip the conversational part.  You just train your staff to use the second modifiers only if they select the salad.  If they don't need the "no" items they won't show up on the ticket...if they do select them but no salad I would just ignore them in the kitchen.  Then you put the side item modifier as a minimum of 1 side and a max of 2 etc...so they can only select what they want.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 3 of 3