x

Feature to manage happy hour is needed.

I was thinking of switching to Square for my POS and I also don't see any way to easily manage happy hour discounting.

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello! 

I wanted to update this thread to let youkonw Automatic Disounts are now available for Square Point of Sale! 🎉   You can use this feature to schedule a happy hour, or to create a limited-time discount.

For more information take a look at this Product Update post: Automatic Discounts for Square Point of Sale appOr visit the Support Center for step-by-step instructions to create automatic discounts.

You can also now schedule happy hours with the Square for Restaurants app. 🎉  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Thanks for your interest, @spikesbham

It may depend on your specials but there are a couple ways you can go about it: 

First, if you have a general discount amount during happy hour - such as 10% of all appetizers - you can create a percentage discount that can be added to any applicable items at the time of the sale.

Second, if you have specific items that have a fixed, lower price during that time - such as $3 pints - it would probably be easiest to save a 'happy hour" price point on each eligible item. Then, when adding the item to the sale, you would just tap the appropriate price point. 

Hopefully that info helps with your decision; let me know if I can help clarify anything. 

Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

I'm running a boba shop that offers a happy hour in the afternoon for $3 each for all drinks. Anyone know how to set up that discount? Thanks

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hi @tyler!

I went ahead moved your post here —Spenser put together a couple of suggestions above about how to set up a happy hour discount. Hope one of these suggestions is useful! 

Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 8

I own  bar. We did the price point option to separate the regular price beer from Happy Hour Pricing. This makes its own button under the item sale. However, you cannot keep an accurate inventory amount doing this option. It only subtracts from the happy hour beer count instead of regular. This is frustrating to me as well. Square offered the inventory feature which is why i chose Square. I now have to use an alternate application to keep track of inventory, which is frustrating. And inventory will not place numbers with fractions or decimal points. I cannot, nor do i know anyone in the bar business that can accurately keep inventory on alcohol with a whole number. ,

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Best Answer

Hello! 

I wanted to update this thread to let youkonw Automatic Disounts are now available for Square Point of Sale! 🎉   You can use this feature to schedule a happy hour, or to create a limited-time discount.

For more information take a look at this Product Update post: Automatic Discounts for Square Point of Sale appOr visit the Support Center for step-by-step instructions to create automatic discounts.

You can also now schedule happy hours with the Square for Restaurants app. 🎉  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

I am still looking/waiting for the option to do online happy hour, automatic discount for online only orders. The only way it's been described as doable is to make a coupon, but there is not time delineation and no automatic application. Someone I spoke to said this would be coming out soon, that was back in June.

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @Ninjarita

Appreciate you checking in about this feature. 

If you're looking at the Online Store coupon code - it has a date expiration available, but not an exact time frame. 

You've provided some excellent feedback on how you would like to see this feature evolve. I don't have an update on where this feature is on the future roadmap, but would be happy to get this over to our Product Team. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8