x
Beta Member

Help me understand using the KDS and kitchen printer, please!

Hello All,

We use Square For Restaurants and accept orders from Square Online, and orders are taken internally through one of several internal POS stations.

I want to understand how the KDS display is operated from the Cooks' point of view and when an accompanying physical ticket can be printed.

Here's an example:  An order comes in online and has ten items to be cooked.  Since this is a to-go order, we want to print out a stub for each of the ten items to help customers identify them when they are received.

How does the chef interact with the KDS to signify that they have started on one or more items in this order so that another chef could look and start the following items?

As each item in the order is completed, can the item be marked as done and a ticket stub printed?

I am desperate to understand how this can work, and if not, what ideas might you suggest for how to use the KDS and printer efficiently?

Thanks so much for your responses!

-Mark

Message 1 of 1
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Help me understand using the KDS and kitchen printer, please!

Hello All,

We use Square For Restaurants and accept orders from Square Online, and orders are taken internally through one of several internal POS stations.

I want to understand how the KDS display is operated from the Cooks' point of view and when an accompanying physical ticket can be printed.

Here's an example:  An order comes in online and has ten items to be cooked.  Since this is a to-go order, we want to print out a stub for each of the ten items to help customers identify them when they are received.

How does the chef interact with the KDS to signify that they have started on one or more items in this order so that another chef could look and start the following items?

As each item in the order is completed, can the item be marked as done and a ticket stub printed?

I am desperate to understand how this can work, and if not, what ideas might you suggest for how to use the KDS and printer efficiently?

Thanks so much for your responses!

-Mark

0 REPLIES 0