x

How do I get rid of my square for restaurants account and go back to basic square?

I don't need or want all the Square for Restaurant features... even tried the paid version, now I want to go back to basic square service but I can't figure out how without "deactivating" my account and setting up a new one... 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @jcp

Welcome to the Community. 

To stop the subscription, you will go to Account & Settings > Business > Subscription. 

Once you do that and the subscription ends, it will revert to the normal Point of Sale. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

There should be a way to remove it completely. An example I'll provide is I have become aware that archiving of items is available for square for retail but not restaurants. I have both subscriptions active.

I had to add restaurants to get doordash to work, I am trying to remove it to see if doordash will still work, so I can have access to archiving items and see if doordash still works.

I have no quick way to test this except wait until the subscription ends....

John

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @JTPets - I want to make sure I understand what you're asking for here.

You want to be able to use the DoorDash integration with Square for Retail, without having an active Square for Restaurants subscription, is that right?

As long as you have already been onboarded by the Doordash team at the location you'd want to use the integration at, this should still work regardless of whether you use Square for Restaurants. I know that Sellers who use the standard Point of Sale can still use DoorDash, but I've not seen any cases where Retail users use Doordash. That's not to say this isn't possible though.

Are you able to do a test Doordash order and see if it pops up in the Order Manager while you're logged into Square for Retail? Are you using the Retail app, or are you using a device code for Retail on a Square Register/Terminal?

I'll keep an eye out for your reply 👁

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4