x

How to install android KDS without Google account?

Hi everyone. I had Square KDS on an iPad, but that was being discontinued, so I purchased an Android tablet as Square recommended. To download and use the Android KDS, I have to log in with my personal Google account. I, of course, don't want employees reading my email from Google, so how do I get the KDS application without attaching a Google account to this tablet? To use the Google Play Store requires a Google account. Any ideas? The Square Register is Android, and it doesn't require a Google account....

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @shopkins - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

It sounds like you need a Google account in order to access the Google Play Store and download the Square KDS app. I'd imagine that beyond this, you shouldn't need to use a Google account for anything else Square-related while using the KDS.

The only way you'd be able to access your Gmail account on the tablet is if you're logged into the Gmail app or logged into Gmail through a web browser. Otherwise, your employees should not have access to your Gmail, just because you used your Google account to access the Google Play Store. So just make sure you aren't logged into your Gmail account on this tablet.

I hope this information is helpful, but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2