x

Optional modifiers being required on iOS devices

Hi there,

We just received the latest Square for Restaurants update on all of our iOS devices. It is now requiring optional modifiers to be selected for nearly every item. This is causing incorrect prices, inaccurate kitchen slips, and taking longer for the floor staff to enter.

This is not happening on any of our Android/Square powered devices (terminals & register). We've tried uninstalling & reinstalling as well as using a different iPad without any success. We have also verified that the modifiers are correct in the Square Dashboard.

When we use the regular Square POS, the modifiers are not required so I am inclined to believe this is an issue with Square for Restaurant specifically.

Anyone else see this with the new update? Anyone ever experience this before? Am I missing something simple?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi again @nickp - Thanks for your pateince here.

Once of the Product Developers from the Restaurants Team has let me know, "We just released a hot fix to resolve this issue. This is now fixed on the latest version. After the Seller has updated all of their iOS devices to 6.40.2, we can re-enable the redesigned item configuration feature for them."

Please let me know once you have updated to the latest app version. Thank you!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

Hey @nickp.  I’m just weighing in here with my experience.  I’m updated to 6.39.4 and have been for about 2 days.  I am not seeing what you are.  And I am using Square Restaurants POS on iPads, one in a Stand 2 and one stand-alone.  This makes me think that something has gone haywire with your account internals, so I’m tagging a few Square moderators.  @_Violet @JJ_ @MayaP @RobynR 

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 5

Thank you!

For context, we are also using 6.39.4. The problems are with the latest release in the release manager. When we roll back to the earlier version we don’t have any of the issues.

Message 3 of 5

Hi there @nickp - Thanks for reaching out to the Seller Community to bring this to our attention. @TheRealChipA - Thanks for the tag.

I went ahead and flagged this to the Square for Restaurants team so they can take a look into this and let us know their thoughts. I'll let you know once I've heard back from them.

**Just to let you know, if you need support on an urgent issue or something that's interrupting your business flow, please don't hesitate to contact our Support Team at your convenience. If you are on Restaurants Plus or Pro, you have 24/7 access to phone support so you can get connected for assistance ASAP 🙂

Violet
Message 4 of 5

Best Answer

Hi again @nickp - Thanks for your pateince here.

Once of the Product Developers from the Restaurants Team has let me know, "We just released a hot fix to resolve this issue. This is now fixed on the latest version. After the Seller has updated all of their iOS devices to 6.40.2, we can re-enable the redesigned item configuration feature for them."

Please let me know once you have updated to the latest app version. Thank you!

Violet
Message 5 of 5