x
Agency Partner

How to create a subscription with variations and discounts?

Is this possible??

What I would like to do is ring a 6 pack subscription for pickup and then choose the juice items that go in the 6 pack. This way online people can order a 6 pack and then pick which juices they want. However, when I called Square about this you couldn't pick more than one of the same item, which makes no sense. It was in the pipeline to fix, but don't know if Square ever got that worked out, so that's why I left it for now. So that leaves us with 2 options.
If someone puts 6 juices in their cart (online or in POS) then the 6-pack discount of $2.00 triggers.
Or we have a 6 pack item and then we can select the 6 items they purchased. This makes the most sense as it would show how many people order a 6 pack, but it has to be able to select more than one of the same item. For example, I have one lady who purchases a 6 pack but she gets six of the same items.
Right now I am just ringing the items and then if they order 6, I go in to the discounts and manually put in the discount.
Which is fine in our POS for the store, but when people are online and ordering from home, they never get the discount.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello @wiseanttech_m

If you create a membership item from your Square Online item library, you would be able to add a text box for your customers to list the 6 juices they would like to get. The option to add a text box is under modifiers. 

Unfortunately with this workaround, stock of the individual items wouldn't be updated when the membership item sells. 

Let me know if this works for you! 

Thank you

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2