x

I am thinking about trying to use Square to run a Wine Club membership and a Winery Tasting Room.

I need tools to organize inventory, shipping, customer engagement, and reoccuring billing for a wine club.  I already use it in the Tasting Room for POS, but putting together the pieces for run a wine club is more complex.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Kind of a combination. We have select wines for each shipment, but they are able to add to it. 

Message 43 of 49

@dracaenawines Have you looked into Vinoshipper. You can run fully customizable wine club shipments. Customers will be charged based on what's in their cart and at a discount of your choice. They will also be able to have additional benefits based on the email. You have the added benefit of shipping worry free to 40+ states with their built in compliance. 

Message 44 of 49

We have used Vinoshipper since 2019 and it works wonderfully.  It takes care of all the compliance issues (except California you have to do yourself).  It is by far the best priced software as you only pay when you use it.  No monthly subscription for the winery but you can set up a subscription for your customers.  All the small mom and pop wineries in our northern Michigan area are using it.  Very straight forward!  

Message 45 of 49
Partner

If you are looking for a solution that can handle benefits in the Winery such as 1 tasting per month, 1 glass per week, 10% off bottles, or $x in monthly credit (just examples, you can define your own rules) take a look at Submatic.

I founded Submatic and we're currently working with a number of Wineries that are using Square.  Our Square integration is very flexible and I'd be glad to provide more information to anyone that's interested.  

Message 46 of 49

Hello all - Just checking for any updates with the wine club questions. We are a new, small wine shop - so a bit different than the wineries that are shipping wine for their club memberships. We want to offer a wine club for our customers that would be in-store only (customer pick-up); once per month billing (same $ each month). We are keeping it simple to start, so customers will not "choose" their wines, but we will simply provide 2 wines each month for the membership. I have looked at several of the options mentioned in the thread for other apps/services - but we really don't need the full functionality of those programs. And, as a brand-new store, we need to watch our budget and can't really afford to pay for an additional service each month.

I'd appreciate any thoughts from folks who are currently using Square. My main question is how to remove items from inventory, to fulfill the membership subscription each month?

Thank you!

Message 47 of 49
Partner

Hi @cellardoorNC Square does not offer a way to do exactly what you're looking to do with easy member identification, pick up tracking, etc.  The closest thing that is available within Square is Square Subscriptions. 

My company, Submatic, does exactly what you are describing.  Additionally we offer discounted pricing for brand new clubs as long as you have < 30 members.  Here is our Square app store listing for your reference https://squareup.com/ca/en/app-marketplace/app/submatic

Here are some other Wine Clubs using our software that are similar to what you described (flat fee, process monthly):

https://www.strangemagicwine.com/wine-club

https://www.3goats.com/the-herd

If you are open to having a quick conversation I'd be glad to tell you more and help you figure out if we could be a good fit for your business.  You can email me at hello@submatic.io or alternatively submit your info on this page https://submatic.io/request-a-demo

Thanks!

Dan @ Submatic

Message 48 of 49

@cellardoorNC

we specialize in this. Please come check us out at www.wineclubsite.com

we are fully integrated to square.

Message 49 of 49