x
Beta Member

Loyalty Program, switching from stars to points.

We want to make changes to our exsisting loyalty program, change from stars to a points system.  I realize we can customize the terminology easily from stars to points, however I believe the change to the  reward program would penalize current customers.  Currently customers earn a star for every visit with a purchase over $3.  We would like to change the program to 1 point for every $1 spent, earn a $5 discount after $50 spent.  Currently, stars have a min. value of $3/each. If someone has 3 stars, ideally we would convert them to 30 points. Is this possible...easily?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

@VCB

The Loyalty system does not currently have a way to convert points when you are changing between programs.  

When our Loyalty Sellers are making big changes to the account like this, often they will send out a 'reward' to current Loyalty Enrollees who will be effected, with something small as a "Thank you for being with us, but we're changing the program."

You can then choose to honor current points toward their new rewards (as their point values will remain in their account), or you can manually reset them as they are using the new system.

We've found that most of the time, when you offer something small during this change, it encourages your customers additionally to come in and get their free item as well as encourages and additional visit.

You can send out the reward for changes from your Square Marketing section of your Dashboard, choosing your Loyalty Enrollees as the custom group you want to target.  If you are not enrolled in Square Marketing, there is a free 30 day trial you could utilize to reach all your Loyalty Enrollees.

Hope that is helpful to you! And let me know if I can answer further questions.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 2