x

Online pick-up orders approaching/at/after close of business hours

I've seen people ask if they can accept orders up until close of business. But my problem is the opposite. When people place an order less than 15 minutes (that's our prep time) before our store closing, I want to either put a hard stop on the order or show a VERY LARGE message to the customer that the order will not be ready today and make them confirm to continue.

Customers are placing orders and the app is telling them to pick up after our closing time if they place their order at exactly 15 minutes before closing. And YES I have set up our store hours and prep time correctly. 

Also, if somebody places an order at or after our closing time, it is not immediately obvious that we are closed. The text that says the order will be ready tomorrow is small and often overlooked. I'd prefer an action button that the customer has to press to either accept the pickup day/time or cancel the order. 

I suspect there isn't a way to put a hard stop on the order. But if there is, I'd love to hear it. Mainly I'd love for a Square employee to pick up on this request and put it into a new build. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @mysticcoffee,

You are correct in that the things you're specifically asking for here aren't offered at this time.

I'm happy to pass the feedback along to the Weebly team for you though. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

@ashc That's great - I hope they get the message and are working on a solution. Since I posted this issue, I have decided to close on Mondays. So the problem is exacerbated because unless I manually shut down checkout every Sunday afternoon at close of business, people place food and drink orders on Monday and expect to be able to pick them up in 15 minutes or so. Instead, the system schedules the order for Tuesday morning and almost 100% of the time, the customer doesn't notice. So as you might imagine, many times we forget to shut down the website, since it is a manual process. The makes it so much more important to have an option for hard stop on orders if the order is placed when we are closed. I'm BEGGING for that kind of functionality! Or at very least there should be some way to schedule web site shut-downs ahead of time. 

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

We have the exact same problem. Please fix!

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice here in support of changes to this specific ordering process, @HBFCJosh - we will concede, there are many improvements that will potentially be very beneficial for Sellers! 

We take feedback seriously through the process of Feature Requests. As soon as we have some positive updates to share with you, we will bounce back here and let you know.

Thanks, again!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5