x

Prepay customer account

I own a cafe next to a gym and would like to create a prepay account for individual customers. The gym issues scan cards for entry, so each guest has a unique number that would be used.
This would be helpful for guests as they would not need to carry a wallet or cash when going to the gym, and I would get some of the month's sales upfront.
Is it possible to to have a declining guest balance account tied to a "key-in" number "gift card"?

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@NourishCafe - Welcome to the Seller Community, and kudos for your first post. While we do offer the ability to store customer cards on file for invoices, it sounds like this would be a very useful feature to have integrated into Square Register as well. 

I'll definitely be sure to share your thoughts with our product liaison team, as well as update this thread if I hear anything back. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square

Best Answer

@NourishCafe - Welcome to the Seller Community, and kudos for your first post. While we do offer the ability to store customer cards on file for invoices, it sounds like this would be a very useful feature to have integrated into Square Register as well. 

I'll definitely be sure to share your thoughts with our product liaison team, as well as update this thread if I hear anything back. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 11

I think this might be the same or simolar to what I'm looking for.

I'd like customers to be able to prepay towards their account and then as services are rendered throughout the year they'll be billed at discounted rate (for some of the services) for having prepaid.

I was thiking about trying to set something like that up with gift cards but wasn't sure if it was possible.

Message 3 of 11
Square

We don't currently have anything like that, @MikeArsuaga, but thanks for sharing the suggestion. As Sean said, we'll update here if that changes in the future. Thanks!

Message 4 of 11

Has anything changed since this thread started?

Message 5 of 11

I own a drive-thru coffee shop and have a lot of customers who prepay so it is fast and convenient. Right now I deal with all of this outside of square via paper bookkeeping. I would love to be able to track it better on square and keep customers names and accounts on square as prepaid accounts. I just started tracking it through "other payments" to track sales better. 

Message 6 of 11

Hello @expressohut

We now offer Card on File for Square Point of Sale. It's not prepaid, but your customers would only have to give their name or phone number to make a purchase. 

Let me know what you think! 🙂

Message 7 of 11

Thank you, I will look into that. What about cash payments, how would I track this on square?

Message 8 of 11
Admin

Hey @expressohut! Check out Sean's Best Answer on this Community thread on how to accept cash payments with Square.

You should find the answer you're looking for! 💯

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 9 of 11

I have a customer that changes cards regularly prepayment would be more secure on my end. 

Message 10 of 11

I also own a drive through coffee stand.  I have customers that buy a e-gift card and I write their number in the back of their loyalty card. This way they also get a recipet and their balance each purchase too! 

Message 11 of 11