x
Square Champion

Restaurants POS - Adjusting Loyalty Points (BUG I believe)

Greetings,

Today I had a customer ask (after the transaction was completed) to apply some of their loyalty rewards to the transaction.  Easy enough, or so I thought.  I was able to refund the amount of the rewards they wanted to redeem.  

However, when I went into their customer record on the Restaurants POS, I found that while I could press the minus sign 50 times (ugh) to get to a 50 point reward reduction, I could not enter “-50” like I could enter “50” to add points.  The popup keyboard is missing the negative sign, which is either a bug or an oversight, I think.

So, I’m reporting it.  For now, at least I could hit the minus button 50 times (ugh, again! LOL)

Thanks.

IMG_4548.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

Hello @TheRealChipA, thank you for raising this concern.

I'm curious: if you select the number first, does the minus sign light up so you can select it?

Message 2 of 10
Square Champion

@RobynR It does not.  I’m attaching a video (with voiceover) to show you what happens when I try various workarounds.  Hopefully that helps.

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 3 of 10

@TheRealChipA Thank you for taking the time to send us a video so we can better understand. However, the video is not loading and states, "This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes."

I would like to view the workarounds you have tried before escalating this to our Square for Restaurant team. Can you try resending the video one more time? If it doesn't work, I will escalate.

Message 4 of 10
Square Champion

@RobynR Here’s another try.  Honestly, that is one thing I don’t like much about the Community software.  Video attachments are hit or miss.  Hopefully this works.

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 5 of 10
Square Champion

@RobynR I PMed you a copy, too.  If I have to, and if you’ll give me some email address, I can email it to support, too.

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 6 of 10

@TheRealChipA, I just wanted to touch base regarding your direct message. I've tried accessing the video you sent, but I'm still running into some issues. Don't worry, though; I've passed this on to our Advanced Support team for a closer look. As soon as they get back to us with more info, a Community Moderator will be sure to give you an update right here.

Thanks a bunch for your patience and cooperation!

Message 7 of 10

Thank you for your patience, @TheRealChipA. Our Advanced Support team has confirmed that the ability to input negative numbers is not currently available. You can submit this as a feature request in our Ideate Room.

Message 8 of 10
Square Champion

Thanks, @RobynR.  While I find it weird that they consider this a feature and not a bug, I will do that.  I appreciate your help, though!

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 9 of 10

@TheRealChipA, you're welcome and thank you for your feedback.

Message 10 of 10