x
Beta Member

Restaurants for Mobile app not appearing in MDM Google Play Store

Just got two Restaurants for Mobile kits to roll out on a test basis. Use Google Workspace for our Android device management. When trying to add Square Restaurants to our allowed apps, it doesn't show. Most of the other Square apps show as options, but no Restaurants. So I'm kinda stuck before I can start as I may create a new organizational unit just for testing these out and allow all apps to be installed, BUT not a long term solution as really try to setup any devices so that nothing is available other than the intended app to be used and a few other org specific things. 

Any thoughts?Screenshot 2022-09-14 at 11.21.35 PM.png

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Looks like Square has fixed this. Square for Restaurants now correctly shows up in the Google Workspace MDM Play Store. I have managed to make it a force installed app and locked down, etc. Awesome. Thanks! Will now start rolling out some Samsungs to some client restaurants...

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @dejavunola,

Thanks for writing in with this question! As an iOS user without an Android device to test this on I'm hoping that some other sellers using Android can jump in. However, the Square for Restaurants app is available in the Google Play Store here - were you able to download it?

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

I support iOS and Android for across a bunch of locations, this is my first trial of Restaurants for Android. I can download the Square Restaurants app manually from the consumer Play store, however the issue I'm trying to point out is that Square may have something wrong on their end which is not allowing the Restaurants for Android app to appear in the Play store setup for enterprise, where as almost all of their other apps are able to be installed from the enterprise store.

For anyone (iOS included) who's managing multiple devices or locations, using an MDM solution is a sanity saver, and for some a pre-requisite for any app to be used in the first place. Like I said before I'll go ahead and just start with the consumer Play store for this trial run, but I won't be able to recommend any clients actually use Square Restaurants for Android until I can figure out why the APK doesn't show up in the enterprise store since being able to properly lock down and manage the devices is a requirement.

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Best Answer

Looks like Square has fixed this. Square for Restaurants now correctly shows up in the Google Workspace MDM Play Store. I have managed to make it a force installed app and locked down, etc. Awesome. Thanks! Will now start rolling out some Samsungs to some client restaurants...

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Any update on how those Mobile POS Androids are working out? Did you use the A32 5G that comes with the Mobile POS kit that square sells? 

I have been trying to figure out if any other Androids work and I have been assured multiple times now that any Android phone running Android 7.0 or higher works , however, that's just not the case as I've tested several other Android phones and they app is not in the store and if you go to a direct link to the app it has a message that says it's not compatible.

Thanks for any advice you might have!

Message 5 of 5