x
Beta Member

Square for Restaurants and tableside service

We want to use Square for Restaurants as we add a full service dining room and kitchen to our cafe.

Square for Restaurants is $60 a month. Do we need to pay an additional $40 per month for each ipad that a server carries around? Is that the way it's done?

Message 1 of 5
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Square for Restaurants and tableside service

Hello @Clatter

It sounds like you've got a good handle on how it works. Each additional iPad is $40 dollars a month. You'll need to make sure each iPad runs iOS 11 or higher. 

Alternatively some restaurants have their servers take orders using pen and paper and then enter the orders on a shared iPad. 

If you still have questions please feel free to @ mention me. 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Clatter

It sounds like you've got a good handle on how it works. Each additional iPad is $40 dollars a month. You'll need to make sure each iPad runs iOS 11 or higher. 

Alternatively some restaurants have their servers take orders using pen and paper and then enter the orders on a shared iPad. 

If you still have questions please feel free to @ mention me. 🙂

Message 2 of 5

That’s pretty ridiculous. I have a small 24 seat restaurant, I shouldn’t need two iPads and 100 a month for my single wait staff to take table side orders. 

You should allow 1 user table side ordering as part of the base offering. 

Message 3 of 5

I use Square for Restaurants and currently have one stand w/ an iPad for my POS.  I would like to arm my servers w/ iPads so they can enter orders table side.  Is this possible?  

Message 4 of 5
Admin

@the_plantation This IS possible! 🙂

I moved your question to this thread so you can see how the pricing works for each iPad that you have being used.

Be sure to post back if you have other questions!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 5