x

Where can I see printing options for remote orders?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Cannot see or print remote orders]

I am using two IOS devices with an online store.  I make coffee and want the remote orders to appear on the IOS screen and to be printed.  I have followed other posts and in some cannot find the options described.  If someone could give me a setup guide for the remote print and pickup order I would be very appreciative.

Message 1 of 25
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @shrekthemp - glad to respond to another one of your posts. Keep them coming! 

As far as auto printing remote orders, you'll need to enable this within the settings of your POS app:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines on the bottom navigation bar.
  2. Tap Settings > Remote Orders.
  3. Toggle Print New Remote Orders on.
  4. Navigate back to Settings > Printers, and select your connected printer or create a new printer station.
  5. Turn Order Tickets on.
  6. Make sure to enable the item categories you’d like available for pickup.

Switching lanes to in-app order notifications, check out the settings from the Orders tab to ensure this is enabled. 

I hope this helps!

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 25
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @rlevine!

@JustinC and I are happy to hear that! 

You can adjust it so your remote orders automatically print tickets:

1. Tap the three horizontal lines on the bottom navigation bar.
  2. Tap Settings > Remote Orders.
  3. Toggle Print New Remote Orders on.
  4. Navigate back to Settings > Printers, and select your connected printer or create a new printer station.
  5. Turn Order Tickets on.
  6. Make sure to enable the item categories you’d like available for pickup.

But then have different printer settings for your in-store orders:

1. Tap Settings >Printers.
  2. Then once you've added the printer, adjust the print from this device settings. 

Additionally, I believe @barkshopbakery was having a similar issue in this thread if you want to check it out. Let me know if this works for you. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

We are using the Square online store for mobile order/ pick-up for our restaurant. Using an ipad to view orders. Is there a compatible printer? Would it print orders automatically?

Message 22 of 25
Alumni

@rbjkchar

Any printer compatible with your iPad will do. Most sellers purchase the Star Micronics 143 (USB) or Star Micronics 742 (Ethernet kitchen printer).

The option to print online orders automatically is enabled in the POS printer settings. Steps on this thread. 

Justin
Message 23 of 25
Beta Member

How can I have ONLY ONLINE ORDERS PRINT AUTOMATICALLY? I do not want in store orders to print unless requested. 

I am using Square Register and have two printers set up. So can use them independently if that helps.

Thank you! 

~Annie

P.S. I have searched and followed the 'best answer' options and none is working. I just keep getting ALL or NONE printing 😞

Message 24 of 25
Alumni

I'm not in front of a Register to test right now, but you should see a Remote Orders option (or something like it) in Settings along with an option to automatically print them.

Let me know if you're still having trouble. @TFBO

Justin
Message 25 of 25