x
Beta Member

"More Options" in Updated Square For Restaurants Interface

Hello - 

In the recent (as in yesterday) update to the entire Restaurant interface, I have faced a few issues, none of which were completely resolved in almost two hours on the phone with support - during service. 

Pardon the dirty screen - again, it was during service. 

When we tap on an item that has modifiers attached, there is a MORE OPTIONS button on the right immediately under the Modifier group name.  When you open it, several options are available for our server

1 - Dining Options - we don't use these (we're super small biz).  This was the only thing that support was able to help us change.

2 - Taxes - WHY would this be here on an item level?  Why would a server/bartender be able to toggle this switch?  Our tax rate is set in our main settings and should NOT be able to be overridden by anyone except an administrator.  How do we eliminate this from this tab???

3 - Discounts - if you notice, there are four discounts there:  

• 50% Wine Wednesday - this discount is set up only for Wednesday, for specific times, and with specific items.  Why would this be here?  Oddly, other day/time/item-specific discounts set up are not showing here.  Is this a bug? 
  • Employee 50% - This discount is not done on the item level, but on the check level.
  • Gift Card Discount - We don't even have this discount set up, nor do we want it.  If we decide to comp a gift card, we do that with a COMP reason
  • ITB 15% - Same as employee discount.  This is done on the check level, not the item level.

There is no way - not even in Team Settings to change this. (see the additional image below from Team Settings)

4 - Service Charge - we do not do automatic gratuities, again, no way to disable get rid of this - not even in Team Settings.

Any help would be appreciated. 

As an aside, it amazes me that such a massive update does not have corresponding documentation on the massive changes except for a one-minute video.  

More OptionsMore OptionsTeam PermissionsTeam Permissions

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Good Morning @Apt9F, I appreciate you reaching out and providing your feedback on the Restaurant redesign. I'm sorry to hear the update is not working out for your business. I know change isn't easy especially when you are running a business!

To get a better understanding of the improvements that were made check out our support article. In the meantime, I have escalated your concerns to our team and once I have more insight I will let you know! Thanks for working with us through these changes! 

Message 2 of 2