x

Backroom vs Sales Floor Inventory Location

Is there a way to separate our backroom inventory and our sales floor inventory? I want to know what stock we have in the back room vs what we have on the sale floor to be able to fill in any items that have been sold on the sales floor from the backroom and also want to check to make sure that any there is no inventory in the backroom that is not on the sales floor.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Nierc001

Welcome to the Community.

This is a great question! I am going to do some digging and consult some other resources on this one. 

I want to give you the best information if this is possible and if it's not, then I can tag this as a feature request. 

Keep an eye out for my next reply! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Did you ever find out how to do this?

Message 3 of 6

Nope. I am actually looking into other POS systems that give you more options for locations. Keeping track on the quantity of items you have is great but needing to know where it is located in one location. Wish square would have some sort of option for this without paying for a new location.

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the update. Too bad. I'm not as big of a store, so I have decided to use the low stock alert for the items in the back. I know that doesn't help with keeping track of inventory, but at least I know if I get an alert I know its in the back! Thanks again.

Message 5 of 6

This would be a great addition to inventory tracking, my business has a retail space and concessions. It would be nice to be able to mark what inventory is at concessions, in the retail space, in back stock, in window displays, and with marketing for our mobile events.

Message 6 of 6