x

Barcode Font Size Options?

I am printing labels to our inkjet printer but the word font is really small. Is there a way to increase the font size so it appears larger above the barcode for our accessibility needs?

Thank you,

Julian Brothers Bakery

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @julianbakery! Great question. At this time, we are not able to offer font size customization for the bar codes, nor can you edit the layout of your bar codes. We will keep tracking this feature request, but one thing you can consider for the future is getting a larger label size as the font will definitely increase then. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Your labels currently just scale based on the size of the label or paper size that it is being printed on is there a way to modify the font and layout of the label to make it look less like hot garbage and make it more legible. I can get about 20 characters on the barcode and working with an art gallery this is not long enough. the price size is too large and the barcode number too small. You have only 2 supported printers it should not be that difficult to allow for modification of the labels. Zebra even has a label designing software that you can use to set the font and layout of the label but there is no way to have square retail use that. If you supported 5, 10, or 15 label printers I could understand but you support 2. how was this functionality missed. Also, you have extremely limited the fields of information that can be printed on the label. Why isn't the vendor data field an option on the barcode label creation?

Message 3 of 6

Yes, it would be nice to be able to change the font size.  Our prices print too small.

Message 4 of 6

Same here... I'm used to customizing font sizes on my labels with Quickbooks. We are trying to switch to printing labels through Square, and the print is too small for the size of our garments... huge hassle!

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Seller Community, @Dagee 👋 

I'm not super familiar with the printers, nor do I have one to test. Do you have an option to edit the scale on the actual print window screen? Or does it even give you an option to preview before printing? 

Message 6 of 6