x

Assign Catergories to Team Member with 100% commission

Hi, 

I have a business that is a collective on businesses under one umbrella. Some are service commission and some are item commission. Every business has their own category but when we ring up the items the commission of the items goes to the business owner even though its assigned to a category. My question is how do you assign a category to a specific team member so all of the commission goes 100% to them. The team members who offer services get 100% of their service commissions but the items arent set up that way. Please help i was on the phone with customer service for an hour and im more confused than when I started

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hi @LiminalSpace.  I’m not sure why customer service should have added any confusion to this.  As the commission feature is currently implemented, it works based upon which team member is signed in when the transaction is rung in and closed.   This means that each team member must ring in their own transactions and be sure not to add any items/services to the transaction that are not theirs.  This could be a problem if customers can mix and match items/services from multiple team members in one transaction.  Currently, Square commissions does not support this at all.

Also, would I be right in suspecting that you are new to Square?  If so, you should know something very important.  Square is a “one business, one Square account” type of processor.  So, if you have set up the Square account using your EIN/SSN, then you will be the person responsible for all sales through Square that will be reported on the annual 1099K.  You’d then be required to issue 1099s to all of the other “businesses” who are under your umbrella so that their sales would be reported properly to the IRS and would not be your responsibility.  Square was not built with this kind of business model in mind at all, for many very good reasons.

I’m happy to help you explore this further, but I hope that at least my explanation about commissions helps get rid of the confusion.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 2