x

Price per Pound unit fixed as a whole number

Under the unit variation, all units of measurement all for precision to be added, except for lbs. Why is pound fixed at 1, and is there any way to override it?

fixed lbs.png

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Okay, I just figured it out, I had not seen in the light gray text on the bottom until I posted that screenshot: "Remove a unit or edit precision in items > units" 

I or someone must have set the precision previously.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

@Eben ;

As I see this is your first post let me welcome you to the Square forum.

Now as for your question, I went to my Square Dashboard on my computer, Then Items, then chose create new Item and was able to get the below screen image.

Here is a Link to your Square Dashboards Library where you can search for the item your trying to sell by other weights than just full lbs.   https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/library 

priceperlb.png

As you see from the Black bar you can choose to sell by whole or decimal quantities.  The little i in a circle will show more information for these fields.  If you need any other help ask here in the forum.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the welcome.

I have found where the ability to set the precision is in the dashboard, however, the option to change the precision on pounds does not pop up.

For example, I can see this screen for every unit of measure except lbs:

oz precision.png

It like maybe the precision was previously set and now cannot be changed?

Message 3 of 4

Best Answer

Okay, I just figured it out, I had not seen in the light gray text on the bottom until I posted that screenshot: "Remove a unit or edit precision in items > units" 

I or someone must have set the precision previously.

Message 4 of 4