x

Barcode issues

I see many mostly older threads posted by people having trouble printing barcodes for one reason or another.

I'm wondering if it's still a struggle to print barcodes nowadays?

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

@HCV ;

What type of Barcode printing are you trying to do?

Square is limited in the Retail app what can or cannot go on a label to print Barcodes.

You Tell Square to print a Label by selecting Which information you want on the Label.  Think like a Check box for what you want on the label.  Then Square lets you know if that will or will not fit on the selected Label / Printer.  

In 2019 or 2020 I went with a Label printer and used its software to print my labels.  But mine are custom sizes and custom text that I have on them.  Think like Sale May of 2024  Closeout Item etc... etc which Square can not do.

The other issue is How long of a Barcode are you trying to print?  Normal GTIN barcodes work just fine but if you try to print a LONG barcode it may not fit with anyones Barcode software.

Now if you are trying to print the Square Generated SKU and Price and Item on a Label that is easy and has come a long way since these older posts.  So to Print a Normal Barcode it is no longer an Issue.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

It's gotten much better

The only annoyance is not all barcodes can be printed from all hardware so we were forced to purchase two printers- one setup to the laptop and one setup to the register.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 2 of 3
Square Champion

Best Answer

@HCV ;

What type of Barcode printing are you trying to do?

Square is limited in the Retail app what can or cannot go on a label to print Barcodes.

You Tell Square to print a Label by selecting Which information you want on the Label.  Think like a Check box for what you want on the label.  Then Square lets you know if that will or will not fit on the selected Label / Printer.  

In 2019 or 2020 I went with a Label printer and used its software to print my labels.  But mine are custom sizes and custom text that I have on them.  Think like Sale May of 2024  Closeout Item etc... etc which Square can not do.

The other issue is How long of a Barcode are you trying to print?  Normal GTIN barcodes work just fine but if you try to print a LONG barcode it may not fit with anyones Barcode software.

Now if you are trying to print the Square Generated SKU and Price and Item on a Label that is easy and has come a long way since these older posts.  So to Print a Normal Barcode it is no longer an Issue.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 3