x

BofA DETR Debit Cards Declining

Every time we receive a Bank Of America Unemployment Benefits debit card it gets declined. Our customers are forced to use another payment method which makes us appear incompetent. Though they are apologetic and understanding, it can be an point of embarrassment for them. We also can potentially lose a sale altogether. Upon review of another thread regarding declines, it was suggested that the customer call BofA. However, in every case the customer looks up their balance and there are sufficient funds available. This happens every time we have received one of these cards regardless of what state they come from. They are all swipe cards, not chip. I also have the chip reader connected, but what is causing this? Please help!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @PriscillaBird

Welcome to the Community! 

I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Success team about this. It sounds account specific - from what I have seen they are VISA, which is accepted. 

Calling into to our team will be able to provide you with more details on the transaction. The decline could have happened for a number of reasons - lack of funds or something like that. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2