x

Cash Sales Being Attributed to Different Cash Drawer

We have been using square for years, running two registers with two different cash draws and we've been closing them at the end of the night with different end of day reports. Recently, we started having issues where the iPads are not properly recording sales to the drawers. I've called 3 or 4x at this point and no one knows how to fix it. The solutions I get, always only help for 1 or 2 days and then we are back to where we started. We'd been using the standard POS but switched to retail when it started happening. We renamed the iPads because they had the same name. I've called and talked for HOURS with no solutions. When I do my deposits for the bank, the money is always all there but the drawers just stopped attributing the sales to the correct place. For a while, they weren't even recording to any drawer. Sometimes, they are attributing sales to the other drawer. What is happening? How do I fix this? We've been dealing with this for a couple of months and every time we think it's solved a couple days later it comes back. HELP

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi @morgrush - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community to bring this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear about this frustrating experience.

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what's happening without looking at your account and cash drawer reports with you, which we aren't able to do via the Seller Community. For this issue, we'll need you to work with our Support Team so they can gather the information required to create a support ticket. Then, our engineers can investigate this further.

I apologize but our support team should have done this when you reached out and they weren't able to resolve the issue by troubleshooting.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2