x

Customer subscription not showing in online subscriptions

I recently had my first customer subscriptions. I created the checkout link and sent it to my customer. She paid and selected monthly, which I can see from the details of the online checkout section. But when I go to the subscriptions page, nothing is showing up. How do I fix it?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

@buenabotanicals are you able to send a screenshot of the sale so we can make sure everything was selected and completed correctly? Make sure to blur out any sensitive information. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Screenshot 2020-10-06 170524.png

Message 3 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Thank you! I suspect that there is a misunderstanding and that the user made a single-payment rather than signed up for a monthly payment. The details blade showing "Available as a Subscription: Monthly" means that the payment can be a monthly subscription. It doesn't mean that it is a monthly subscription. The user can make the payment as a one-time payment, which is the default.

AshleyK
Message 4 of 8

So is there a way to remove one time payment? Also, if they do a one time payment for an annual membership you're saying that the customer wont display under subscriptions because they did a one time payment? 

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

The one-time payment option is not removable from Square Online Checkout links at this time, VSM. Please subscribe to this thread, as we'll be sure to post there if we introduce the ability to remove that option from subscription-enabled checkout links. 

If your customer selected the one-time payment option, it was processed as a one-time payment, and did not start a subscription. This is why you will not see their information under subscriptions. I hope this helps clarify how this feature currently works!

Valentina
Message 6 of 8

So where do you see the list of people that just did the one time payment? Say if I have a membership thats annual and some one pays once, how can I keep track of them? 

Message 7 of 8
Alumni

Only customers who opt in to a subscription - by selecting the Weekly/Monthly/etc. option - will appear on your Subscriptions page, @VSM. If someone pays once, you would see that payment in your transactions, as this is not a recurring payment and therefore not considered a subscription. You can also view your customers' payment history by locating them in your Directory

Valentina
Message 8 of 8