x
Beta Member

Dashboard app update is a downgrade

Anyone else get the new update to the dashboard app and realize we are no longer able to see sales comparison for 52 weeks?

This update is HORRIBLE! the best way I can track my sales daily is based on the same day of the week the previous year, and it's no longer an option to see that progress. And it couldn't be at a worse time of year. It is absolutely not a direct comparison to show what sales we had on a Friday last year when that date this year is a Saturday. 

I loved how the previous version of the app told me how I was trending to the minute vs the same day of the week 52 weeks ago. Am I missing something? why would they take this away? Now I'll have to do more math and won't have as much of a handle on my business at any given time.

I can't be the only obsessive numbers fanatic that is upset about this. 

IMG_30A1C5FB2EA8-1.jpeg

Little by little we human beings are confronted with situations that give us more and more clues that we are not perfect.
-Fred Rogers
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

edit: 52 weeks is still there to compare a date this year to the corresponding Day last year for like Saturday to Saturday comparisons.

IMG_5029.PNG

original: I have not looked at the app since the update but if that is true that is a major loss for the functionality of the app.

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

It doesn't look like yours updated, maybe it's just iPhone? see my screenshot in the original post, that's no longer an option for me to see 52 weeks. 

Little by little we human beings are confronted with situations that give us more and more clues that we are not perfect.
-Fred Rogers
Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

it's only giving 3 "compare" options, 1. prev week same day of week, 2. prev month same date of month (also useless) 3. prev year same date.

the new app version has a large "Hello" at the top. Mine just changed yesterday.

-Fred Rogers
Message 4 of 4